European Humanist Professionals, in collaboration with the University for Humanistics (www.UVH.nl) and the chaplaincy of de Dutch Humanist Union are proud to present a summerschool :
ADVANCING CONTEMPORARY HUMANIST CHAPLAINCY
The focus of this summerschool will be:
- exchange of knowledge and experience about how humanist chaplaincy can be organized, and is yet organized in different countries
- today’s moral issues and questions chaplains have to deal with
- how different countries interpret humanistic values of the humanistic lifestance in chaplaincy
- lectures and practical’s on subjects that handle the daily practice of humanistic chaplaincy such as moral counselling and creating secular rituals.
- visiting some work fields of the humanistic chaplaincy in the Netherlands.
Target groups are humanist chaplains, or persons/groups that are working in that direction. We will hear from or visit a diversity of Dutch and international chaplains. The University of Humanistics will organise sessions on humanist chaplaincy, chaplaincy research and humanist services. We will look into a professional standard and cooperating with confessional chaplains. And we will focus on strategies to establish humanist chaplaincy, by hearing form different countries.
A cultural event will be part of the program
The summerschool, will take place in the Netherlands, from the 5th till the 9th of July, 2021. The location is set at the beautiful Estate Beukbergen, the (moral) education center of the Dutch military chaplaincy. Lodging during the summer school will be provided, in rooms with private bathroom and tv.
Participation fee for the summerschool is 250 euros, including (vegetarian) food and lodging. If you’re having difficulties to participate because of this fee, or the travel cost, please contact the organization through email@example.com
More information and registrations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Huize Beukbergen, Amersfoortseweg 59, 3712BB, Huis ter Heide. The Netherlands
*European Humanist Professionals (EHP) is part of the European Humanist Federation (EHF).